But again I want to try.
2011 in review:
January was pretty routine for us. Nothing much. Work, pre-school,work. Repeat over and over. I don't think I even took one picture in January. Which is sad.
February our sweet girl turned 5. 5???? Did I really just write that? I still can't believe that! Time flies it really does. I didn't learn that fact until I had Sydney.
February brought unusually warm temps and we spent a lot of time at the park.

We also took Priss bowling for the first time. After finding out that the lanes are REALLY REALLY slick she enjoyed herself a lot. And bowled really well.


March was another slow month and again I never took the first picture. Gotta do better than that in 2012. Sydney did start taking ballet lessons this month. And loved it.
April brought a lot of things. We had a tornado touchdown very close to our house. We have always been told that tornados can't happen in Virginia because the mountains break them apart. NOT TRUE!! No lives lost thank God. But so much destruction.
It was amazing to see our community come together to rebuild.



We also took Sydney to see Barney Live. She had no idea where we were going and was so excited, and enjoyed herself so much. Scotty and I were both crying, feels good to make her smile. Was hard to get a photo of the smile though she couldn't take her eyes off of the stage!


My niece also went to her senior prom in April. Can't believe it was her last one :( But I got to take some beautiful pics of her and her friends!


In May my BABY graduated pre-school. We were so proud. She said she wanted to be a princess when she grows up. Why she said that I'll never know. She doesn't even know what a princess is as Disney movies hold zero interest for her. Of course she is and always will be a princess to me!
In June



In June Sydney had her first ballet recital. They did the CUTEST dance to "It's My Party" and I'm not biased or anything but she was the best one on the stage :) I'll show ya the video if you don't believe me!
How cute are these pix??





Courtney also graduated high school in June. Still can't get over that. How did that little girl I was always fighting with when I was in HS graduate already???


In July we of course attended the NRV fair. Sydney loved all the rides!! Especially this bouncy thing, which made my heart hurt.
She also decided that she didn't need to be accompanied by Mom and Dad on rides anymore :(
She entered a picture she drew in the judging and WON BEST IN SHOW!! Yay Sydney!
Scotty also played in the Guns N Hoses Charity Softball game for the second year and the GUNS won this time!!! Woo Hoo bout time!


In August we spent a lot of time "Cow Watching" we sat in the fields and Sydney sang and read stories to all the baby calves.
We also spent a lot of time at the park. And had swimming lessons.
We celebrated Scotty's 40th and had a horrible hand injury :( When the rope on her swingset broke.
P.S. If you ask Food City for an EMS cake this is what you get???? My advice don't ask.
Also Sydney started Kindergarten in August. Broke my heart. I mean I"m happy she is growing but does she have to do it so fast??
She is doing so well. She is reading!! She is so smart. I love her so much it's crazy.
September we just spent time settling into the new school routine and waiting on word on the new house.
October we finally got to move to the new house!!! The packing part sucked but being in this house is soooo worth it!!
Of course it brought Halloween and a little witch.

Sydney also fell out of the car onto the asphalt driveway and hurt her little face.
And we rode in the annual Fire Prevention Parade
In November Scotty's grandfather passed away in Mass. Scotty traveled to Mass to be with his family. While he was gone poor Syd suffered from a terrible viral infection which lasted through Thanksgiving and prevented us from celebrating with family.
It also brought some bear cubs to my parents house.
3 of them to be exact. But they eventually moved on.


In December Sydney had her first school function. The Kindergarten Christmas Sing.
Of course Scooter showed up again! This time he was up to some no good antics like putting Sydney's underpants on the Christmas tree and leaving flour snow angels on the kitchen table. Sydney loved it!

December brought some heartache too. On the 16th my Mom broke her femur. BADLY. She has a long road to recovery ahead. On the 18th my Dad and Sydney wrecked on the four wheeler. Sydney wasn't hurt. But my Dad broke his ankle and had to get stitches in his head. We were blessed though could've been worse.
Christmas came and Sydney so enjoyed it. Seeing it through a child's eyes is just amazing. All she really asked for was a guinea pig. Not what I wanted but hey it's what the girl wanted!
Like last year we didn't get to celebrate the New Year much because little one is sick. She has strep and the croup. Very sick kid. She didn't get to return to school yet, and is heartbroken about that.
We overall had an awesome year. The latter part brought some hardships but we are blessed!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment